🇺🇸 United States Virgin Islands Area Code
United States Virgin Islands International Dialing Code
- Name: United States Virgin Islands 🇺🇸
- Code: 1340, also +1340, 001340, 00 1340, 00-1340, +1340-, +001340, 01340, 0001340, 011-1340 etc.
- United States Virgin Islands country code: 1340
- Trunk Prefix: None
- International Prefix: 011
- Number Details: U.S. Virgin Island phone numbers are seven digits (ten if the area code‘340’that is only dialed from outside the region is included). The area code ‘340’ does not represent an area of the U.S. Virgin Islands, rather, it represents an area of the North American Numbering Plan – the shared telephone numbering space of country code‘+1’. Mobile numbers are intermixed with land-line phone numbers.
An example of a U.S. Virgin Island number
The St. Thomas Historical Trust Museum lists its phone number in St. Thomas as 340-774-5541.
Detail of Numbering Plan
|St. Croix Island||Mon Bijou||+1 340 712 XXXX|
|St. Croix Island||Southgate||+1 340 713 XXXX|
|St. Thomas Island||Havensight||+1 340 714 XXXX|
|St. Thomas Island||Charlotte Amalie||+1 340 715 XXXX|
- For local call: Dial only the local phone number
- For long distance call: Dial only the local phone number
- To call United States Virgin Islands from abroad(the country within the NANP): 1 - 340 - local phone number
- To call United States Virgin Islands from abroad(the country outside of the NANP): exit code - 1 - 340 - local phone number(exit code can also be written as “+”)
- To call another country in the NANP from United States Virgin Islands: 1 - area code - local phone number
- To call another country outside of the NANP from United States Virgin Islands: 011 - country code - area code - phone number
Note: NANP - North American Numbering Plan
- AreaCodeBase: United States Virgin Islands Areacode Database
Discussion about "United States Virgin Islands"
None Discussion Now
This website provides information about country code, area code, details of numbering plan and tips for how-to-dial. This is your complete guide to call anywhere in the world. Simply find and click the country name you wish to call. You'll find instructions on how to call that country using its country code, as well as other helpful information like area codes, ISO country codes and so on.